Tuesday, June 9, 2015

The paperwork involved with Lemtrada

As you can imagine a drug such as this is heavily restricted in our health care system.   Never mind the fact that it's been given overseas for much longer.  Please keep in mind that some of this is still fluid and keeps changing (another frustration).  Here is how it went for me:


  • Early November 2014 - Filled out initial paperwork at Neurologist's office during my visit
  • November - Also enrolled in MS one to One.  This is Genzyme's patient services program. They are pretty good to deal with but they are still working out a lot of the kinks.  I was a good test case for them, more on that later.
  • November - Early May 2015 - Lots of waiting and frustration.  My area's supposed first infusion site was not going to be able to see me until Mid July!!  I was not happy so I contacted my Neurologist and he found me another infusion site in a different part of the state.  If it wasn't for him i'd still be waiting on this treatment.
  • May - June 1st - Waiting and a lot of snafus and paperwork, dealing with insurance company, neurologist office, infusion site and drug company.  It was an incredibly stressful time that I will detail in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment